Job Title – Transmission Service Desk Engineer
Job Location, Langley, Slough
* Provides support and direction for engineers and managers, adding value to the resolution of major incidents in real-time
* Contributes to technical solutions and logical repair process design across Network Operations
* Acts as a point of contact and takes ownership of incidents, service delivery and operational support issues escalated to Onshore Team
* Facilitates the delivery of effective operation, process and communication to help serve the needs of operational groups, internal and external customers
* Maintains knowledge base for network element and network management platforms in terms of repair, reconfiguration, hardware & software support and use of existing technologies and practices
* Provides progress reports on ongoing faults status and next steps
* Contributes to project work streams & meetings, impact assessments and conduct operational readiness activities arising and configuration is documented and maintained
* Provides mentoring and support to less experienced Engineers
* Ensures that all Compliance and regulatory requirements are met and undertaken during their daily working activities.
* Deputises as required for the OCM
* To maintain service for customers by maintaining the integrity of the network, resolving faults and ensuring maximum availability of products and services
* Focusing on identified technologies, typically SDH and fibre delivered high capacity equipments, products and/or customers, providing technical leadership for tasks which support network operations.
* Maintaining and drive a self managed competence baseline, with development and learning plans in line with the customer network’s evolution and its strategy. Sharing knowledge and experience openly with the formal and virtual team members.
* Minimum years of experience: 3-5 years’ experience of working in a 24/7/365 Transmission Operations centre
* Expertise in database, analytic and automation applications, methodologies, and processes; able to manipulate data and reports to support ongoing analysis and present conclusions
* Thorough understanding of the relevant equipment technology used within the customer networks, with appreciation of operations, performance and design considerations
* Thorough understanding of the underlying technology Data protocols, key parameters and operating configurations.
* Domain experience: SDH Transmission
* Knowledge and experience working on Infinera (Transmode) Network
* In depth knowledge of faulting and repair on Optical Fibre Network
* Proven track record in conceiving and delivering expert technical solutions on a reactive and proactive basis, across any technology relevant to the customer network.
* Experience of Incident Management and associated procedure
* Proven aptitude for problem solving; using analytical technique to formulate solutions
* Good communication skills, able to clearly articulate solutions to all levels