Asset Manager – Technical Operations
Location: Reading / Daventry / Altrincham, with flexibility on either for the right candidate
No. of Positions: 1
Type of employment: Permanent
Our client, a leader in mobile telecommunications infrastructure with facilities across Europe, has an exciting new opening for a talented Asset Manager to join their team, with flexibility for work out of one of the offices above for the right candidate.
You will be reporting to the Infrastructure and Inventory Service Manager within the Technical Operations department. Your primary function will be to schedule and deliver maintenance activities and ensure asset health compliance of all our clients assets across the estate of circa 8500 sites in the UK.
Main job responsibilities include:
- Delivery of planned and reactive maintenance activities
- Management of defect triage processes with external partners
- Management of facilities maintenance suppliers via contract administration
- Reporting of asset health compliance across the portfolio
- Performance reporting on customer inspection programmes
- Driving Continuous Improvement activity to optimise operations and improve efficiency
- Financial management of the maintenance budget of c.£10m – Reporting SLA and KPI performance
- Manage risks and issues effectively, understand cost v recovery and risk mitigation planning
- Thorough working knowledge of current Health & Safety practices and experience of proactive implementation
Skills and experience required:
- Lean 6 Sigma would be an advantage
- Managing maintenance activities on active communications equipment networks for TIS, DAS, Small Cells and Private LTE networks
- Understanding of compliance with regards to asset health management
- Experience of designing and/or installing operational site assets such as electrical installations, civil engineering works or rigging
- Managing multiple contractors
- Working to budgets
The successful candidate will have an ability to think strategically and set direction, be able to lead change in a complex environment engaging effectively with team, suppliers and other stakeholders, be commercially astute, effective at risk management and prioritisation and highly financially and analytically competent.
The basics of supplier management, financial management and excellent communications skills along with the ability to present complex concepts clearly will be second nature to this candidate. You will have a detailed knowledge of asset management techniques and processes and the skills to drive optimisation of our performance to meet and exceed customer expectation.
You should be able to demonstrate a healthy thirst for information and a desire to find all the relevant data that impacts site maintenance and asset health as well as experience of delivering sustainability reporting and improvement programmes.
Education: A sound educational background would be ideal, but we are considering experience first and foremost.
IT Skills: Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Approx. 5 years’ experience in managing assets across geographically disbursed sites in a telecoms or utilities environment
Availability to travel to sites as required