1st Line Support Engineer
Location: Slough, Berkshire
* Provide first point of contact into Operations for staff with technical issues supporting installation and deployment of new hardware
* Identify and troubleshoot failure diagnostics and perform initial maintenance.
* Ensure regular reporting service performance and quality metrics (Trouble Tickets managed within SLA’s and priority).
* Own customer issues through to resolution and escalate to the next level of support or management when required
* Logging of faults
* Keeping Equipment asset reports accurate
* Providing business updates to customers on a daily basis through conference calls and reporting.
* Provide cover for 2nd Line support where required
* Educated to Degree level or relevant working experience
* 1+ year Server Maintenance or Linux system maintenance
Skills and Experience;
* Have the knowledge of networking and server- Cisco or Huawei certification is preferred
* Must be able to work on rotational night shifts
* Proficient in the use of fault management systems and MS Office tools.
* Cisco or Huawei networking certifications desirable
* Exposure to a Data Center working environment would be beneficial
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Mandarin language skills are advantageous but not essential
* Demonstrate ability to prioritise and manage tasks pressure
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Tencent tracking system knowledge would be beneficial but training is provided
* On the job training provided
* Must be able to drive to site as there are little public transport links