Senior Network Design Engineer
Location: Winchester (SO21)
Contract Duration: 5 Months
Day Rate: £500
Start Date: ASAP
Our client, a leader in Broadcast communications & Infrastructure are seeking a Senior Design Engineer to join their team.
You will join a team working across Media Networks and will be crucial to identifying and designing network solutions to allow customers to connect to the end clients network.
Other Resposibilities Include:
- Provide technical expertise in the development and deployment of service infrastructure, driving improved technical and service performance
- Design and drive processes to facilitate smooth and seamless deployment of new services
- Supervise the delivery of 3rd party suppliers and contractors to ensure that delivery specifications and standards meet Arqiva requirements
- Standardise equipment to minimise disruption and achieve straightforward integration with existing networks/infrastructure
- Document engineering build procedures and contribute to the continuous improvement of policies, processes and procedures
- Contribute to accurate forecasting and capacity management
- Provide technical leadership within the team, sharing knowledge and skills and providing mentoring support to engineers and technicians
- Adopt the role of Design Authority (DA) in area of expertise to ensure the delivery of the end to end customer solution and for less complex projects Lead Design Authority (LDA)
- Define high and low-level IP network topology for customer services showing network topology, equipment, IP addressing, VLANs required to support connectivity for the customer and their service
- Produce configuration to be loaded onto new and existing routers and switches
- Support integration of new router/switch equipment into Client’s OSS systems and complete handover tests/documentation to Operations
- Occasional travel to other Client sites to liaise with teams and customers when required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Through understanding of networking to include but not limited to:
- Checkpoint including NGFW features
- Cisco ASA and firepower
- Cisco switching and routing
- Experience with the following would also be beneficial:
Cisco ISE and ACS
- Cisco ACI
- F5 Load balancers
- Previous experience working within a broadcast/Telecommunications environment.
Interested and want to know more? Click Apply today!