Wintel Specialist (Security Cleared)
Contract Day Rate: £500
Contract Duration: 2 Months (Until Nov 30 with potential for extension)
Start Date: ASAP
Our client, a leader in broadcast and communications infrastructure in Winchester are seeking a skilled, security cleared Wintel Specialist to drop in and assist with a major project currently ongoing within the business. The successful candidate will be responsible for the support of the Client’s Wintel infrastructure and platforms ranging from BAU, break/fix, service improvements and project implementation including design input.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Install, test, analyse, troubleshoot and modify new equipment/solutions to achieve maximum performance and availability
- Provide technical expertise in the development and deployment of service infrastructure, driving improved technical and service performance
- Design and drive processes to facilitate smooth and seamless deployment of new services
- Supervise the delivery of 3rd party suppliers and contractors to ensure that delivery specifications and standards meet Arqiva requirements
- Standardise equipment to minimise disruption and achieve straightforward integration with existing networks/infrastructure
- Document engineering build procedures and contribute to the continuous improvement of policies, processes and procedures
- Contribute to accurate forecasting and capacity management
- Provide technical leadership within the team, sharing knowledge and skills and providing mentoring support to engineers and technicians
- Adopt the role of Design Authority (DA) in area of expertise to ensure the delivery of the end to end customer solution and for less complex projects Lead Design Authority (LDA)
- Undertake travel throughout the UK with the possibility of overnight stays away from home for short periods of time when required by the business.
- Participate in the duty engineers on-call 24/7 rota when required.
Sklls & Qualification Requirements:
- Exceptional working knowledge of Server and Database infrastructure, this includes:
- Windows Server based operating systems (2003, 2008, 2012,2016)
- Active Directory infrastructures (2003, 2008, 2012,2016)
- Exchange infrastructures (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016)
- Microsoft O365 (Exchange Online, SharePoint, Yammer, Skype etc)
- VMware vSphere (5,5.5, 6.0)
- VMware Horizon View (5,6,7)
- Cloud Based Technologies such as AWS and Azure
- Automation technologies such as VMware vRealize Cloud
- Desktop client infrastructure and image creation (SCCM)
- Anti-virus platforms such as McAfee
- MDM solutions such as AirWatch and/or Mobile Iron.
- PKI infrastructure & Citrix infrastructure
- Excellent PowerShell and scripting/automation exposure
- Exceptional experience of supporting complex IT platforms
- Exceptional experience of building, configuring and deploying complex designs
- Experience in design architecture and documentation (HLD’s & LLD’s)
- Experience of managing a complex licensing agreement in order to maintain relevant compliance
Candidates will also need to have valid Security Clearance. Applications with lapsed or no Security Clearance unfortunately cannot be considered at this time.
If you’d like the opportunity to sink your teeth into a new and challenging role such as this then click Apply today!