Location: London, NW10
Employment type: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Salary: Negotiable + Benefits
Start Date: August
Our client, a multinational broadcaster with a broad range of content spanning from news to entertainment are seeking a MCR Engineer to join their team working from their studios in London.
As an MCR Engineer you’ll be primarily responsible for ensuring that the Client’s channels are ON AIR without interruption, minimizing loss of broadcast services at times of equipment failure by rapidly identifying and implementing alternative methods to restore them. You will be also responsible for managing the successful delivery for scheduled production and transmission services. You should be confident with managing the loading of multiple traffic strands on the Client’s fibre and Satellite network and maintaining the operational stability for the delivery of both, Client’s channel to viewers and contribution incoming to the station.
The successful engineeer will be ablt to demonstrable skills in broadcast equipment and technologies including several or all of the following:
- SAT farm, IF routing & control system; Downlink and uplink chain
- SNG and ENG equipment, point-to-point video links and 3G/4G cellular IP streaming from the field
- Video Routers, Multi viewers and Glue items
- Talkback; KVM system
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage Control of the channel Off Air and escalation process with DTH providers
- Effectively manage Feeds/transmissions via Satellite, Fibre and 3G-4G cellular devises such as TVU making sure the quality is up to Client’s standards
- Minimize troubleshooting time to the minimum to avoid any failure or delay
- Identify faults and take immediate preventative action to restore traffic
- Make sure follows up on all technical or operational issues in the booking system observed during transmissions
- Escalating technical issues to relevant support unit as well as to external providers
- Make sure all IPDs and steerable antennas are set up to the required satellites
- Coordinate effectively with operators in the field to support remote operations via satellite, fibre, and IP networks
- Ensuring successful delivery of scheduled transmissions resolving any troubleshoot if any crisis occurs to the service
Skills and experience required:
- 2-3 years experience working within a similar role in a Broadcast environment.
- A keen interest in broadcast technology.
- Positive attitude, flexibility, team working.
- Proficiency in maintaining the systems documentation library.
- Ability to work under pressure in a live news environment and availability to work on-call as needed.
- Fluent communicator in the English Language , Arabic is a plus
Interested and want to know more? Click Apply today!