Human Resources Manager
Location: Chester (on-site parking available)
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Human Resources Manager will be accountable for all aspects of the Company’s people strategy and day-to-day practices, with key responsibilities including:
- Define and direct the execution of a progressive, business-focused Human Resources strategy supporting business growth and development
- Ensure all HR related activities are fully compliant and in line with regulatory requirements as well as established best practices
- Introduce people management practices that enhance the capabilities of the business as well as improve individual and therefore collective performance
- Work with the business to define an organisation structure focused on optimising operational delivery
- Define and implement initiatives that enhance the level of Employee Engagement across the organisation
- Be an effective and trusted member of the Comvergent leadership team
- Work closely with the executive team and provide strategic counsel on all people related matters
- Contribute to long-term strategic goals around business and people development, including talent management and succession planning
- Create and manage the HR department’s annual budget
- Take oversight of the company’s culture and steps to embed recently defined values
- Develop compensation and benefits practices including grading, salary structures and variable pay methodologies
- Lead the development of a high performance culture across the business, including the establishment of performance review/objective setting as fundamental elements of line management in the business
- Establish high quality learning and development activities as central to business growth with a focus on core organisational competencies such as Project Management, technical leadership, as well as remote team management
- Develop Employer Brand and drive forward the use of high quality recruitment practices across all areas of the business
- Lead the company through Investors in People re-accreditation.
Human Resources Manager skills and background;
- Track record of senior level contribution and ability to influence decision-making
- Degree and CIPD qualified with demonstrable record of continuing professional development
- Experience of leading the HR function in a multi-site technical/engineering environment
- Advocate of Investors in People and experience in its delivery.
- Friendly and professional manner with ability to quickly build rapport with all levels of staff
- Ability to work and make decisions on own but equally collaborative in nature
- Strong work ethic, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and a proactive approach
- Strong drive for results, good planning and prioritisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A full UK driving licence
In return, you’ll work for a close-knit, innovative company that is invested in your wellbeing and personal development. Committed to employee engagement, Comvergent empowers each staff member to achieve their goals.
In a happy and healthy office, you’ll work with a team of colleagues who take pride in their role and believe in cooperation and openness with each other.
Comvergent promote other benefits such as; breakfast mornings, employee fun days, weekly fresh fruit baskets, staff events and other innovative ideas brought forward by the Comvergent Committee.
We are also proud to support both national and local charities through a range of fundraising activities that we encourage staff get involved in.
Comvergent was founded in 2005 and is a specialist in telecommunications infrastructure, installing and maintaining equipment both up towers and on the ground. Headquartered in Chester, it has a team of around 100 staff covering the breadth of the UK, working both in the field as well as within its key back office functions.
Comvergent’s experts can quickly install, integrate, configure and activate new telecoms systems that increase capacity and enable seamless network operations. It offers an end-to-end project delivery solution to its clients and its capabilities include PCN rigging, microwave as well as fibre-optic installation. Working with some of the largest vendors, operators and service providers in the telecoms industry, such as EE, Vodafone and Huawei, Comvergent’s unique set of in-house capabilities enables it to quickly and efficiently help its clients to complete a wide range of complex projects on time and within budget.
With a solid track-record of business performance to date, exciting times are very much ahead for the Company as the rollout of 5G gets underway across the UK, which Comvergent is well positioned to capitalise on.