Job Title- Senior RAN Performance Engineer
Job Location – Reading, Berkshire
- You will work within the Network Design Optimisation team providing Performance management, explaining KPI trends and impacts.
- You will be responsible for organising network trials articulating the purpose both internally and externally, documenting proposals, preparing scripts, executing changes for trials.
- Findings will be documented, analysed and the results presented to the client at management and technical level.
- Recommendations for Network Performance improvement will then be taken forward and implemented.
- As the Senior RAN Performance Engineer you must have strong presentation skills and possess the ability to explain clearly the clients strategy, conclusions and recommendations for parameter changes and feature usage to drive RAN Performance improvement.
- You will also work closely with the Acceptance team to ensure that deployment activities are not compromised, and the other parts of the organisation are coordinated and aligned with any 4G related feature or parameter implementation into the Network
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of RAN 4G Design and Optimisation experience with radio products
- Advanced understanding of RAN KPIs for performance monitoring, optimisation techniques, features and processes of 2G,3G,4G & 5G technologies
- Advanced understanding of 2G,3G,4G & 5G Air interface standards, protocols and propagation characteristics
- Proven experience troubleshooting complex RAN site performance issues in a multivendor environment on RAN Swap and RAN Refresh projects (in a post change verification/Post Performance Monitoring scenario) in order to achieve customer acceptance
- Must have knowledge of tools such as (E-DOS and/or DOP), ENM (radio configuration), AMOS, FAST, ITK, log readers/tools, tracing capabilities, able to view and analyse CTR’s, interpret L3 messaging
- Must have Ericsson RAN SW experience on Ericsson radio features and functionality – not limited to, CA, VOLTE, traffic management, parameter design and optimisation according to performance data for best quality networks