Electrical Project Engineer
Location: Daventry, NN11 (with travel Nationwide when required)
Contract Day Rate: £450
Contract Duration: 6 Months (with opportunity for extension)
Start Date: ASAP
Our Client, a leader in UK communications infrastructure company has reached an agreement with a significant tower operator for the sale of its telecoms infrastructure and related assets. Due to this sale they require an Electrical Project Engineer to join their team to help run a large scale project to aid with this transition of assets.
The transaction comprises c.7,400 cellular sites, including masts and towers as well as urban rooftop sites, and the right to market a further c.900 sites across the UK
Due to the nature of this role the successful person will be expected to deliver this project themselves. However there will be an Utilities & Engineering team who can provide some advise and assistance but this role is more suited for an individual with experience of delivering a project directly vs managing a team to do so.
- Assign all the electrical meters and associated tools and systems to the Buyer
- Novate contracts related to the supply and management of Electrical (and other utilities) to the Buyer.
- Ensure that once the companies separate, Buyers site have appropriate utility provisions and are able to manage their utilities going forward.
- Devise and deliver a project that results in the successful assignment of the meters and associated contracts related to the sold sites.
- Some sites will require the installation of new or replacement fiscal and or sub meters where current ones are faulty.
- Provide effective detailed planning, costing, delivery, with associated reporting and handover of the project.
- Identify and manage all project risks and issues through the life of a project, mitigating risks where appropriate and escalating as required.
- Comply with approved Client project management methodologies and project management system/tool ensuring the validity, completeness and accuracy of all key milestones throughout the duration of the project.
- Minimise re-work or changes in design and scope throughout the life cycle of the project through effective planning and manage the project inter-relations to ensure cost effective solutions.
- Instruct, manage and undertake the auditing of the suppliers throughout the life cycle of the project
- Manage the quality of works provided by suppliers/contractors and ensure compliance with specifications and Client standards.
- Manage project plans and programmes from inception to handover and closure and develop and fine tune delivery processes, workflows, SLAs and KPIs.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Degree or HND/HNC in Electrical (M&E) Engineering, Building Services or equivalent experience.
- An aptitude for Electrical engineering project delivery within a high volume rollout environment.
- Experience and understanding of key design methodology phases, including requirements definition, designer risk assessments, design reviews, test plans, delivery, and handover
- Experience of generators, un-interruptible power supplies, switchgear and knowledge of basic HV Installations.
- City and Guilds Certificate in Inspection, Testing and Verification of Electrical Installations – C&G 2391.
- APMP or Prince 2 Project management and/or construction related qualification.
- At least 5 years’ experience within a large infrastructure rollout.
- Strong MS Office skills especially Microsoft Excel.
- Current UK driving licence as some travel to sites will be required.
Interested and want to know more? Click Apply today!