Job Title – Test Manager (Performance Testing)
Location – Reading, Berkshire
our client requires an experienced Performance test Manager to develop a set of automated tests and a way to store and visualise the gathered data for history and regression purposes of the smart metering solution they have developed
The objective is to design and develop a set of high-level, automated performance tests for specific parts of the system/application according to the requirement specification as well as a system for storing and displaying the gathered performance data.
Building an architecture that handles test execution, data storing and visualisation automatically, can easily be done by using only open-source tools and technologies. Objective is by doing constant performance monitoring, the chances of uncovering new software bugs and regressions will highly increase.
- Translates Non-functional requirements into performance test cases and JMeter scripts.
- Develop and execute performance test plans and scripts.
- Assists in identifying and documenting performance issues across applications.
- Initiative and proven ability to independently work on projects to completion.
- Evaluates the performance of the provided solution, service or product against agreed acceptance criteria.
- Implements and sustains continuous process improvements.
- Detailed knowledge on analysing functional and non-functional requirements for testability.
- Lead test modules preparation and acceptance test
- Identify and drive improvements
- Prepare Performance test reports
- Hands on experience (5 to 8 years minimum) in Performance testing with JMeter and HP Load Runner as additional tool experience.
- Knowledge of methods, tools, and technology used in software testing.
- Knowledge and use of quality management methods, tools, and technology used to create and support defect-free, application software that meets the needs of the client/business partner.
- Knowledge of the basic principles, processes, phases and roles of application development methodologies.
- Knowledge of primary database engines with a demonstrated ability to write complex queries to be used for data validation and troubleshooting
- Have ability to Identify the performance testing requirements and ability to document the performance test scenarios based on the SLAs and benchmarks.
- Good exposure to designing, developing, executing and maintaining Performance test suites for different systems using JMeter or open source performance/load testing tool.
- Responsible to run performance test execution along with interaction with project team, perform test data management, collaborate with developers, build and support teams to conduct Performance testing.
- Participate in Performance engineering initiative to ensure system performance by validating stability, scalability, reliability, latency, response time etc. of different smart meter network applications.
- Define and document standard Performance Testing process as a part of the TMMI methodology.
- ISTQB Certification
- Certification on JMeter/HP LoadRunner