Site Design Lead
Are you a veteran design lead within the telecoms industry?
Do you want to put your skills and experience to use for a company that value long term growth and personal development?
Our client is one of the largest operators of telecoms infrastructure within Europe and due to continued business growth and acquisition are seeking a Site Design Lead to join their team in Daventry.
Reporting to the Design Manager, the Site Design Lead will provide design input and expertise across the client’s telecoms projects and help ensure compliance to customer specifications, all whilst helping the Design Manager represent the business on all design related issues.
The Site Design Lead is also responsible for:
- Authoring design guidelines and specifications for use by all undertaking design on behalf of the company. Maintain concurrency of client specifications to British Standards.
- Operating systems for monitoring the quality of designs carried out by in house designers and contractors alongside reviewing high-cost construction items and helping maintain low operating costs where possible.
- Developing and improving design practices through the implementation of continuous improvement plans for design quality, including processes, techniques, and training.
- Assisting with feasibility studies for new projects when required.
- Co-ordinating drawing delivery from external contractors and check drawings for technical content.
- Liaising with customers to ensure compliance to their required specifications, ensure that specification changes are suitably managed and communicated to internal teams and external suppliers.
- Assessing all designs for ICNIRP compliance and ensure all submitted designs are “value engineered” to provide the best technical & financial solution.
- Maintaining accurate records of drawing instructions & approvals alongside managing the drawing filing systems and client database.
- Compiling specific reports for monitoring contractor progress.
- Liaising with the Programme Managers to ensure all customer specification change is controlled and its impact analysed and understood.
- Liaising with external suppliers to ensure delivery to the required standards, SLAs, and volumes.
We would welcome applicants with the following skills and experience:
- 5-10 years’ experience in the telecoms industry primarily involving designing telecoms installations from an RF design/Engineering standpoint.
- Excellent knowledge of the telecoms infrastructure industry in the UK.
- Good awareness of compliance standards (such as ICNIRP) when going through the design process.
- Excellent communicator who can provide information across several levels of a business with ease.
- Ability to travel to sites, customers, or suppliers as part of the design consultation process when required.
Interested and want to know more? Click Apply today!
Job Location: Daventry (NN11) 3 days a week, 2 days remote moving to Leamington Spa in Q1 2022.
Start Date: ASAP
Employment type: Permanent
Package: £40,000 – £50,000 (DOE)