Job Title – Site Design Engineer
Job Location: Reading, Berkshire
A Design Engineer with knowledge of both passive and active elements of mobile telecommunication deployment. Able to support 3rd party Design teams and act as Subject Matter Expert on passive and active components to meet customer requirements. Key to the role is the ability to identify effective design solutions that best fit the site design requirements whilst having experience and understanding of the Cornerstone design ways of working
- Overall management of the creation and verification of Design Proposals for mobile network sites based on customer requirements across Civil, structural and active elements.
- Review of plans, design drawings and other relevant documents for accuracy and adherence to design & build requirements.
- Managing 3rd party designers and adherence to project design guidelines.
- Managing progress and quality of 3rd party designers, whilst working to a continual improvement methodology.
- Ensuring that 3rd party designers are compliant with local Health and Safety requirements and any other related statutory guidelines required to facilitate a workable design solution.
- Acting as a Site Design subject matter expert (SME) in the provision of technical support towards site queries.
- Interface with the different project work streams to ensure efficient handover between project milestones.
- Production of technical reporting to support continual improvement.
- Vast experience in Mobile Rollouts
- Experience in cornerstone design processes
- Experience leading and supervising third parties
- Have experience with Vodafone ways of working
- Extensive experience of Ericsson RAN H/W