Do you want a long term and rewarding career in a company that encourages growth and development?
If you answered yes, we want to hear from you.
At Comvergent we make networks work and despite the challenges over the last year have entered an exciting stage of new business growth. As such we are seeking Fibre Engineers to join our team working across Lincolnshire.
The Fibre Engineer will primarily be responsible for splicing activities within BT exchanges with an expectation of completing at least 1 x96f joint or OFT in a working day. The role will also involve testing activities alongside working on both underground and overhead cable networks.
The Fibre Engineer will also be responsible for:
- Working to PON completion deadlines to ensure operational requirements are met along with working in confined spaces.
- Understanding BT Duct diagrams.
- Working outdoors in all weathers. All equipment and vehicles will be provided by Comvergent Limited necessary to carry out the relevant roles.
- Completion of works to a high standard is expected by Comvergent Limited
- Working with Microsoft Word/Excel/PDF based Job Packs.
- Be flexible with regards to working hours (as some locations may be out of hours due to traffic restriction) and be open to working out of the area on occasion (accommodation will be provided in these occasions)
- Attendance to accredited training courses as and when required.
- Adherence to all Comvergent Limited Health and Safety policies.
We would welcome applicants with the following skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience of working on the Openreach One Fibre Network.
- NRSWA Accreditation
- BT Openreach accredited for at least 2 years with certs in the following areas:
- SA001 Safety overhead
- SA002 Safety underground
- S8 PIA overhead cable installation or N28 One Fibre Network Cabling in Underground Network.
- Able to work unsupervised and with a customer focused attitude.
- Full UK manual driving license held for a minimum of 12 months.
In return, you’ll work for a close-knit, innovative company that is invested in your well-being and personal development. Committed to employee engagement, Comvergent empowers each staff member to achieve their goals.
You’ll work with a team of colleagues who take pride in their role and believe in cooperation and openness with each other.
Comvergent promote other benefits through staff events and other innovative ideas brought forward by the Comvergent Committee.
We are also proud to support both national and local charities through a range of fundraising activities that we encourage staff get involved in.
Role Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £32- 35k (DOE) with employee benefits (including private healthcare, dental).
Interested and want to know more? Click Apply today!