Fibre Cabling Engineers
Do you want a long term and rewarding career in a company that encourages growth and development?
If you answered yes, we want to hear from you.
At Comvergent we make networks work and despite the challenges over the last year have entered an exciting stage of new business growth. As such we are seeking Fibre Cabling Engineers (2 man teams) to join our team working across Lincolnshire.
The Fibre Cabling Engineers will primarily be working in 2 man teams from the Aggregation Node to CBT in a lead cabler & cabling assistant arrangement and will be working on both underground and overhead cable networks.
The Fibre Cabling Engineers will also be responsible for:
- Test Roding and Roping of UG ducts and the identification of traffic management requirements.
- Identification of tree cutting requirements if works are OH.
- Production of SLD’s on successful completion of tasks along with the creation of accurate A55 documents using Planpoint application or similar.
- Understanding Microsoft Word/Excel/PDF based Job Packs.
- Understanding BT Duct diagrams.
- Working outdoors in all weathers. All equipment and vehicles will be provided by Comvergent Limited necessary to carry out the relevant roles.
- Travel to and from various exchange locations as and when required.
- Working to PON completion deadlines to ensure operational requirements are met along with working in confined spaces.
- Completion of works to a high standard is expected by Comvergent Limited
- Flexibility with regards to working hours as some locations may be out of hours due to traffic restrictions as well as being prepared to work out of the area if required (accommodation will be provided in these occasions)
- Attend accredited training courses as and when required.
- Adhering to all Comvergent Limited Health and Safety policies at all times.
We would welcome applicants with the following skills and qualifications:
- Test Rod and Rope Experience
- Previous experience of working on the Openreach One Fibre Network.
- NRSWA Accreditation
- BT Openreach accredited for at least 2 years ideally with the following accreditations:
- SA001 Safety overhead
- SA002 Safety underground
- S8 PIA overhead cable installation or N28 One Fibre Network Cabling in Underground Network.
- S7 PIA sub-duct and cable installation or N27 One Fibre Network Cabling in the Overhead Network
- Full UK manual driving license held for a minimum of 12 months.
- UK trailer licence required by at least one member of the team.
- Ability to work unsupervised in teams of two and have a strong customer focused attitude.
In return, you’ll work for a close-knit, innovative company that is invested in your well-being and personal development. Committed to employee engagement, Comvergent empowers each staff member to achieve their goals.
You’ll work with a team of colleagues who take pride in their role and believe in cooperation and openness with each other.
Comvergent promote other benefits through staff events and other innovative ideas brought forward by the Comvergent Committee.
We are also proud to support both national and local charities through a range of fundraising activities that we encourage staff get involved in.
Role Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £26- 28k (DOE) with employee benefits (including private healthcare, dental).
Interested and want to know more? Click Apply today!