Are you a design engineer within the telecoms industry?
Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Our partner company are seeking a skilled Design Lead to join their team, as they embark on a new stage of business growth, following their acquisition by a multi-national technology solutions provider.
Reporting to the Head of Design, the Design Lead will provide design input and expertise across our partner’s telecoms projects and help ensure compliance to customer specifications.
The Design Lead is also responsible for:
- Help maintain consistency of output from external and internal CAD techs.
- Ensure all document guidelines are shared and understood by both the internal teams and sub-contractors on a weekly basis.
- Make sure projects have relevant check sheets in place and are regularly being updated and improved upon.
- Be accountable for the operational performance of Design teams within specified areas of responsibility.
- Approval of design drawings and accurately recording the QA of all sites within agreed SLA.
- Advise the programme team on quality performance of the sub-contractor base.
- Aim towards improving Right-First-Time metric to achieve an 85% RFT delivery.
- Manage Client interface for the Design function for Single and Multi-Disciplinary Projects.
- Ensures Inter-divisional issues are quickly resolved.
- Undertake minor CAD amends to enable sites to proceed through QC.
- Coach, develop and mentor the CAD techs & Surveyors assigned to them.
- Provide technical support to the projects and deal with technical queries from the client.
- Make minor amendments to drawings when required.
We would welcome applicants with the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in the telecoms industry primarily involving designing telecoms installations.
- Good awareness of compliance standards (such as ICNIRP) when going through the design process.
- Excellent communicator who can provide information across several levels of a business with ease.
- Ability to travel to sites, customers, or suppliers as part of the design consultation process when required.
Interested and want to know more? Click Apply today!
Job Location: Blend of Remote and office work with locations in Manchester, Glasgow, Milton Keynes & Stratford upon Avon
Start Date: ASAP
Employment type: Permanent
Package: £ Competitive Salary + Car Allowance + Benefits.