Antenna Design Engineer
Our client, one of the largest operators within the broadcast infrastructure industry are seeking a skilled Antenna Design Engineer to join their team to help work on multiple projects within the business.
This contract role will have you working alongside the Lead Design Authority to help bring designs into the wider broadcast system whilst providing technical support during procurement of the required materials to help roll out the sites across multiple projects.
The Antenna Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Installation, testing, analysis, troubleshooting and modifying new equipment/solutions to achieve maximum performance and availability.
- Providing technical knowledge to the development, design, and deployment of service infrastructure, to help drive improved technical and service performance.
- Supervising the delivery of 3rd party suppliers and contractors to ensure that delivery specifications and standards meet client requirements.
- Standardise equipment to minimise disruption and achieve straightforward integration with existing networks/infrastructure
- Documenting engineering build procedures and contribute to the continuous improvement of policies, processes and procedures whilst contributing to accurate forecasting and capacity management.
- Adopting the role of Design Authority in area of expertise to ensure the delivery of the end-to-end customer solution and for less complex projects Lead Design Authority.
- Drive innovation, both small and large, into and through the business with a continuous improvement mind-set.
We would welcome applicants with the following skills and experience:
- 3 years + experience of designing, building, development testing and implementing broadcast and IP systems.
- Strong knowledge of technologies involved in Terrestrial Broadcasting and Satellite Uplinking would be advantageous such as: DVBS 2, MPEG 2, MPEG 4, Monitoring and Protection, RF Feeders, Combiners, Dehydration, Satellite Uplink, VSAT.
- Experience working with suppliers – both developing new services/capabilities and driving them to resolve and fix functionality issues and errors.
- Experience of technical processes, standards and engineering practices related to area of expertise.
Interested and want to know more? Click Apply today!
Job Location: Daventry (NN11) or Winchester (SO21) 3 days a week, 2 days remote with Remote working available depending on experience.
Start Date: ASAP
Employment type: 1 Month Contract (with opportunity for extension)
Rate: £350 – £400 per day (DOE)
IR35 STATUS: INSIDE IR35