Technical Project Engineer
Location: Flexible (Chester or Home Based)
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Technical Project Engineer will be responsible for providing operational
and technical support to our field resources, alongside completing the technical gating of all client sites in
Comvergent’s remit. The successful candidate will have experience of working on MBNL programs and
demonstrate sound technical skills.
Technical Project Engineer Responsibilities:
* Conducting Initial gating and planning of PIVs across the project.
* Supporting OTD and Field Supervisors to ensure any issues are identified and rectified promptly.
* Reviewing completed PIVs upon submission for any major rigging/design issues and flagging into the
* Assist with the development, documentation and management of processes and workflow relating to
the project deliverables and service level agreement.
* Support project team with appropriate levels of knowledge transfer to help other team members
identify and review HOP related issues.
* Produce high quality, detailed weekly & daily reports on progress of activities to the business.
* Reviewing and ordering necessary consumables from supplier for delivery.
* Carry out ad-hoc tasks and activities in accordance with business requirements as required.
* Ensure compliance with relevant Health and Safety legislation and guidelines.
Technical gating of all sites within the allocated pot is a key element of this role. The successful Technical Project
Engineer must be competent in understanding the solution required as gleaned from Design Documentation
and working with the relevant team members to ensure the below aspects of build / DICI are covered and gated
with appropriate staff:
* Rigging requirements (active components)
* Electrical requirements (liaise with Electrical Project Engineer)
* Civil requirements (liaise with Build Manager)
* Create Production Bill of Materials from design documents / site survey
* Appropriately skilled resources are assigned where appropriate from Comvergent’s talent pool.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
* Proven experience in providing Technical Support on MBNL related project delivery.
* Ability to learn and adapt into a new project environment.
* Ability to identify technical process inefficiencies and drive through process improvements for
accelerated delivery with minimal impact to cost of delivery
* Proven experience of working in a technical support environment, as a key member of a successful
project delivery team.
* Sound understanding of technical components that constitute a good HOP, whether it be Build or Light
* At least five years’ continuous experience within a UK deployment project environment
* At least two years’ experience in a technical support role on MBNL network