At Comvergent we make networks work and despite the challenges over the last year have entered an exciting stage of new business growth. As such we are seeking Cabling Engineers (2-man teams) to join our team working across London for a project commencing this November.
We have both permanent and contract vacancies available and the Cabling Engineers will primarily be working in 2-man teams to complete MDU (Multiple Dwelling Units) fibre installations across the London area.
The Cabling Engineers will also be responsible for:
- Installing containments (internally and externally going up the outsides of buildings); box trunk installation, tray work (on top or inside)
- Pulling cable between risers (i.e., utility panels that carry cable between floors)
- Pulling cable in cable chambers
- Production of SLD’s on successful completion of tasks along with the creation of accurate A55 documents using Planpoint application or similar.
- Understanding Microsoft Word/Excel/PDF based Job Packs.
- Understanding BT diagrams.
- Working outdoors in all weathers.
- Travel to and from various locations as and when required.
- Working to completion deadlines to ensure operational requirements are met along with working in confined spaces.
- Completion of works to a high standard is expected by Comvergent Limited
- Flexibility with regards to working hours as some locations may be out of hours due to traffic restrictions as well as being prepared to work out of the area if required (accommodation will be provided in these occasions)
- Attend accredited training courses as and when required.
- Always adhering to all Comvergent Limited Health and Safety policies.
We would welcome applicants with the following skills and qualifications:
- MDU installation or similar cabling experience.
- Previous experience of working on the Openreach One Fibre Network.
- NRSWA Unit 2 Accreditation between one member of the team.
- BT Openreach accredited for at least 2 years ideally with the following accreditations:
- SA001 Safety overhead.
- SA002 Safety underground.
- S8 PIA overhead cable installation.
- S7 PIA sub-duct and cable installation.
- Full UK manual driving license held for a minimum of 12 months.
- UK trailer licence required by at least one member of the team.
- Ability to work unsupervised in teams of two and have a strong customer focused attitude.
Role Type: Permanent & Contract work available!
Start Date: November 2021
Permanent Salary: £25- 30k (DOE) with employee benefits (including private healthcare, dental)
Contract Rate: Price Per Job working self-employed under CIS
Interested and want to know more? Click Apply today!