Trainee Cable Puller
Do you want a long term and rewarding career in a company that encourages growth and development?
Are you looking to get a start in the telecoms industry?
If you answered yes, we want to hear from you.
At Comvergent we make networks work and despite the challenges over the last year have entered an exciting stage of new business growth. As such we are seeking Trainee Cable Pullers to join our team working across Lincolnshire.
The Trainee Cable Pullers will primarily be in 2 man teams working on both underground and overhead fibre cable networks.
We’ll provide all the tools, training, certifications and a vehicle to get you started. So all you need is a desire and drive to excel.
The Trainee Cable Pullers will also be responsible for:
- Test Roding and Roping of underground ducts and the identification of traffic management requirements.
- Identification of tree cutting requirements if works are Overhead.
- Production of SLD’s on successful completion of tasks along with the creation of accurate A55 documents using Planpoint application or similar.
- Understanding Microsoft Word/Excel/PDF based Job Packs.
- Understanding BT Duct diagrams.
- Working outdoors in all weathers. All equipment and vehicles will be provided by Comvergent Limited necessary to carry out the relevant roles.
- Travel to and from various exchange locations as and when required.
- Working to PON completion deadlines to ensure operational requirements are met along with working in confined spaces.
- Completion of works to a high standard is expected by Comvergent Limited
- Flexibility with regards to working hours as some locations may be out of hours due to traffic restrictions as well as being prepared to work out of the area if required (accommodation will be provided on these occasions)
- Attend accredited training courses as and when required. Full training and accreditation support will be provided.
- Adhering to all Comvergent Limited Health and Safety policies at all times.
We would welcome applicants with the following skills and qualifications:
- Drive and determination to get the job done. The training and the tools will be provided but only you can bring the drive to get a job over the finish line.
- A technical mindset and is comfortable with software like Microsoft office.
- Full UK manual driving license held for a minimum of 12 months.
- UK trailer licence would be desirable by at least one member of the team.
- Ability to work unsupervised in teams of two (once trained up) and have a strong customer focused attitude.
In return, you’ll work for a close-knit, innovative company that is invested in your well-being and personal development. Committed to employee engagement, Comvergent empowers each staff member to achieve their goals.
You’ll work with a team of colleagues who take pride in their role and believe in cooperation and openness with each other.
Comvergent promote other benefits through staff events and other innovative ideas brought forward by the Comvergent Committee.
We are also proud to support both national and local charities through a range of fundraising activities that we encourage staff get involved in.
Role Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £22- 23k with employee benefits (including private healthcare, dental).
Interested and want to know more? Click Apply today!