Product and Solutions Engineer
Are you a seasoned solutions & product design veteran within the mobile telecoms sector?
Are you looking for a long-term role, with a company that actively invests in the careers and professional development of their employees?
Our Client, a Europe leading specialist in tower operation and mobile network infrastructure provision, are seeking a knowledgeable Product and Solutions Engineer to join their team, working within their office in Reading (3 days in office 2 days remote)
Reporting to the Head of Product & Solutions, you will be part of a team whose purpose is to help create products and solutions to sell to both MNO’s (mobile network operators) and other customers across the UK. To achieve this, you will collaborate with other teams within the business to assess customer requirements and provide the technical input which leads to the creation of desired products, solutions, services, and capabilities.
The Product and Solutions Engineer will also be responsible for:
- Capturing and assessing detailed customer requirements, and work with the sales team to identify and create customised solutions, based on common products, components, and capabilities
- Identifying and engaging with suitable potential suppliers and partners
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers & suppliers at SME level
- Leading projects and work in a virtual team
- Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have
- Producing documentation, including requirements specifications, and product/solution specifications
- Undertaking design and costing of new products and solutions, at each stage of design maturity
- Developing business cases to meet Client’s rules/financial hurdles
- Performing technical testing and arranging trials as required
- Supporting the sales team with all technical related queries
- Functioning as a Subject Matter Expert and providing Technology insight – including opportunities and threats. Continual research of current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed
We would welcome applications from people with the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience within Telecoms industry ideally 5 years+ working within, or closely with MNOs.
- Degree level education in an engineering or other relevant discipline
- A solid understanding of:
- RF environment for macro sites and small cells
- Site design and deployment, including a working knowledge of acquisition, design, and planning requirements for both rooftop and greenfield deployment
- Structural aspects for site design
- Small Cell deployment
- In building cellular systems
- A deeper knowledge in one (or more) of the following would also be desirable:
- DAS systems
- Open RAN
- Private networks
- Network architecture
- Data networks
- Knowledge of GIS/Mapping tools at an intermediate level would be advantageous
- Able to lead projects and work in a virtual team and work with customers & suppliers at SME level
- Ability to present ideas in a clear, user-friendly way
- Excellent attention to detail
- Availability to travel when required for the role
Interested and want to know more? Click Apply* today!
Location: Reading (RG1) – 3 days working in the office, 2 days remote
Employment type: Permanent
Salary Expectation: £52,000 – £62,000 per annum + bonus and employee benefits
Start Date: ASAP
*Please note our client’s offices, alongside our own, close for Christmas but your application will be reviewed on our return, which will be from the 4th of January onwards.