Post Production Engineer
Are you an individual who is keen to develop in the technological, broadcasting sphere? If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are currently looking for a Post Production Engineer to join our team who support a number of post-production facilities owned or operated by Red Bee Media within the London area.
This client facing role deals with first line support calls, both directly from users and after referral from other support departments or responding to automated monitoring systems within the business. Some travel across London will be required.
As a Post Production Engineer, you would be expected to have knowledge of post-production systems, technologies, workflows, and processes and should be aware of modern developments within the industry. It is important you’re comfortable working both within a team as well as independently.
The purpose of the role is to drive up and maintain stability of the assigned systems, and to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Customer Issue handling
- Receive, 1st Line calls, accurately record, investigate and where possible diagnose and resolve
- If required escalate within the Post Production Engineering team whilst clearly communicating the situation with the stakeholders affected
- Escalate to the Senior Post Production Engineers for technical guidance, where needed
- Maintain records and logs of work done using the department service desk tools, on the installation, modification and repair of systems
- Perform regular checks of systems, and undertake routine scheduled maintenance on supported technologies
- Ability to work as part of a team supporting multiple sites efficiently and conscientiously
- A clear ability to multi-task in a complex dynamic environment with regularly changing priorities
- Deep understanding of customer service with the ability to view systems in terms of service provision rather than discrete technical components
- An understanding that the business of post-production will occasionally require the flexibility to work out-of-hours and take ownership of service affecting issues until a satisfactory resolution is reached
- Experience of working in a fast-moving modern post-production environment
- Experience of Post Production procedures and methods, familiar with online/offline workflows
- Excellent operational knowledge of standard Non-linear editing software including:
- Avid Media Composer,
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe After Effects,
- Apple Final Cut Pro
- Knowledge & experience of shared storage and asset management systems,
- Avid ISIS
- Avid Interplay
- Knowledge and experience of Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
- Understanding of QC processes
- ACSR Qualifications
- Knowledge of more specialized non-linear editing systems including:
- Digidesign Protools
- Discreet Flame
- Filmlight Baselight
- Blackmagic Resolve
- Knowledge of broadcast video formats, protocols, infrastructure and encoding standards
- Desirable to have familiarity with video & audio matrices, control systems & KVM Matrix systems
- Knowledge and experience of tape-based dubbing and format transfer principles and system with a good operational, setup and config knowledge of most formats of broadcast VTRs with experience of basic maintenance and fault finding desirable.
Job Location: London (W12 7TP)
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Length: Until 31st March 2022 (Possibility of extension)