Senior Quantity Surveyor
Are you looking for a new opportunity in an exciting and growing industry?
Are you commercially focused and can lead a team?
Our partners have been in the telecommunications industry for over 20 years, and due to recently becoming part of a multi-national company spanning across Europe, are now entering a new stage of growth. As such they are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Manchester.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be reporting into the Head of Commercial and will primarily act as an escalation point within the team help ensure that costs and fees are monitored and reported as accurately as possible within the business.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for:
- Providing line management duties to the Quantity Surveyors within their team and help develop their capabilities.
- Acting as an escalation point for negotiation and agreement of Ad-hoc Fees/Variations with clients.
- Raising and agreeing site specific recoverable PO’s.
- Reviewing and comment on client contracts.
- Liaising with accounts department on all project related revenue and cost matters.
- Assist in the production of monthly forecasts.
- Acting as the escalation point for negotiation and agreement of suppliers/consultancies/sub-contractors final accounts alongside QS raised PO’s that may be in dispute.
- Checking of submission and agreement of site-specific tenders within the company agreed profit limit.
- Dealing with issues regarding profit level for Tender submissions and agreements.
- Submission and agreement of Final Accounts within the company agreed profit limit.
- Completing FA checklist for all FA’s submitted prior to submission.
- Approval of FA Checklists completed by direct reports.
- Liaising with clients on a day-to-day basis to foster client relationships.
- Periodic quality check of Financial Data with Company Systems.
- Assisting in proposals for new business with new and existing clients where required.
We would welcome applicants with the following skills and experience:
- A few years’ experience in a similar role or someone working as a Quantity Surveyor looking to move into a senior position.
- Experienced in implementing commercial strategies.
- Ability to influence at all levels with high quality communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong commercial acumen and credibility.
- Advanced Excel and DB knowledge required.
Interested and want to know more? Click Apply today!
Job Location: Manchester (M2) with 2-3 days a week in office remaining remote.
Start Date: ASAP
Employment type: Permanent
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits