Job Title – RAN Test Engineer
Job Location Remote/Reading
We are now looking for a Test Engineer who will be required to co-ordinate and execute testing of multivendor Radio nodes solutions in the Customer RAN Test Lab, planning the test deliveries during the test execution phase. The tester will also be responsible for the build and integration of the Multivendor RAN elements into the test plan and its maintenance (HW and SW configuration) until end of test bed project.
In this position you will also take part in defining the multivendor Test Strategies for New Major Software Releases and new Hardware Introduction, along with the delivery of Test Reports & Test Exit Reports for the Final Delivery to the customer in each Test Phase
- The test Engineer has the overall responsibility for planning the test deliveries during the test execution phase, plan day to day test bed activities and execute testing of multivendor RAN nodes solutions in the Customer RAN Test Lab. Also, you will implement Test Strategies for New Major Software Releases and new Hardware Introduction and conduct the testing environment feasibility study on Network Impact Reports and use the inputs for defining test strategy and Test Plan.
- Take a role on the development strategy for adoption of automated testing, production of test plans for all Radio test deliveries and liaise with customer and agree on test scope and test plan. Also, you will be responsible for preparing and management of multivendor test activities on day to day basis, monitor the progress, test execution rate, and mitigate any risks affecting the testing. Follow up high priority issues from test phases, seeking for early resolutions and design updates (liaise with design team) perform impact analysis and plan schedules for design update implementation on to the Test Environment.
- You will provide support TCM activities for Test Bed, ensuring network elements are on correct baseline, participate in customer meetings for test progress reviews, drive the testing Interface to RAN design, deliver test reports and the exits repots for the final delivery to costumer in each Test Phase. Perform parameter audits of RAN elements in Lab and scripting for automated execution of test cases.
- Several years of Test Engineering or similar.
- Specific Multivendor Test engineer background; Manual & Automated testing, monitoring, scripting, troubleshooting, and defining, report and documentation of the testing activities.
- Knowledge on multivendor equipment.
- Technical expertise on different network related tools: