Job Title – RAN Databuild Engineer
Job Location – Reading (Remote for now)
We are looking for an experienced Databuild & Commissioning & Integration SME who will support our clients Architecture Databuild and Scripting activities and support Commissioning & Integration Activities topics relating to Network Rollout (NRO) of the clients Radio Products.
Collaborating with the overall Delivery Lead, the databuild engineer role will involve the planning and management of the Databuild & Commissioning & Integration services needed to secure an efficient delivery process and a timely customer acceptance.
This role will include making sure work is executed as per the project requirements and will act as a subject matter expert for all Databuild and Scripting activities and supporting Commissioning & Integration activities; towards,
Customer Delivery Organisation,
Third Parties instructed by the client
Client’s Onshore Project and internal stakeholders
Client’s Offshore Project Organisation
The role is primarily to provide Databuild services and Commissioning & Integration support relating to the DICI of the clients 2G, 35 4G & 5G RAN solutions but may also include In-Building, Infrastructure and Antenna line solutions.
- Accountable for the delivery of Databuild services supporting the deployment of the clients equipment.
- Organise and coordinate the Site Databuild services, ensuring that they are delivered in line with the contractual requirements.
- Support the Offshore teams and Third parties to deliver Site Databuild services through a controlled program of works ensuring that all services are undertaken to budget and within SLA.
- Ensure Delivery critical metric measures are in place and continually reported on.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the production of scripts for 2G.35,45 & 5G RAN solutions.
- Act on important metric issues by investigating and implementing corrective actions
- Translation of customer documentation and process guides into specific Site Databuild guidelines to support the clients rollout activities.
- Support Field Engineers Remotely to Commission and Integrate Nodes into the customer networks Fault free and passing expected KPI’s for performance..
- Actively handle issues or dependencies throughout the delivery cycle that may impact the acceptance of a site deployment.
- Ensure relevant information is maintained in the project tools and that all documentation is handled in a structured manner and uploaded to the required repositories.
- Assessment of Customer Change Requests (CCR’s)
- Drive use of the clients global methods and technology solutions to maximise delivery efficiency
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading and managing Databuild services within an NRO Swap project environment.
- Extensive technical knowledge in the provisioning of cell configuration data and production of scripts for 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G RAN solutions
- Planning and organisation skills for large projects with a focus on dependency management
- Experience in managing onshore & offshore teams in the delivery of services.
- Commercial awareness and experience of delivering to budgets.
- Excellent leading and supervising skills combined with an ambitious mindset.
- Effective communication and facilitation skills.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.