Project Planning Manager
Location: Chester, CH4 8RH
Comvergent are looking to add a Project Planning Manager to their PMO function in the Chester (HQ) office. The Project Planning Manager will provide line management to project managers and ensure they proactively deliver a trained, capable and suitably dimensioned engineering resource to meet our customer’s expectations and the service level agreement in line with performance and delivery requirements.
Responsibilities of Project Planning Manager include;
- Managing the PMO team and ensure the successful delivery/performance against client expectations
- Attend customer review meetings
- Taking ownership of project processes, monitoring, reviewing and improving the following;
- Financial – Bids (RFQ)/Quotes/PO/Contract and Variation
- Hardware and materials
- Logistics / Delivery
- Scheduling – Survey/Build/Resources
- Handover – HOPs
- Time recording / resource cost recording
- Responsible line for Project Managers
- Oversee the effective Profit and Loss (P&L)
- Implement delivery improvement plans where appropriate
Background from Project Planning Manager;
- At least 5 years telecoms project management experience
- A recognised project management qualification (PMI)
- Current knowledge of network technologies across fixed and wireless infrastructure
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and problem solve in stressful situations
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Excellent communication skills
In return, you’ll work for a close-knit, innovative company that is invested in your wellbeing and personal development. Committed to employee engagement, Comvergent empowers each staff member to achieve their goals.
In a happy and healthy office, you’ll work with a team of colleagues who take pride in their role and believe in cooperation and openness with each other.
Comvergent promote other benefits such as; breakfast mornings, employee fun days, weekly fresh fruit baskets, staff events and other innovative ideas brought forward by the Comvergent Committee.
We are also proud to support both national and local charities through a range of fundraising activities that we encourage staff get involved in.
Job Reference: MM-2518
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP