Job Title – Project Manager
Job Location – Remote/Chester
Responsible for managing the successful delivery of all allocated NEC3 / NEC4 projects into our client. Providing line management to appropriate PMO staff, and ensure they proactively deliver a trained, capable and suitably dimensioned service to meet challenging project delivery targets and customer expectations.
Business derived targets and objectives must be cascaded down to teams and successful candidate must have appropriate experience in delivering appropriate service level agreements in line with performance and delivery requirements.
Excellence through delivery, coupled with a ‘right first time’ approach are compulsory skills expected within this key Operational delivery role, and the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate these key components.
Responsibilities for cost control drivers and maintaining business defined profitability targets also form a key skill that the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate.
- Responsible for managing the PMO team and ensure the successful delivery/performance against client expectations
- To ensure compliance with all internal operational and financial processes
- To be the Operational escalation point of contact
- To ensure compliance of Comvergent and Client processes
- Attend client review meetings / conference calls and respond to client escalations and feedback into the business.
- To manage the Operational Profit and Loss (P&L) for each project and ensure internal and external milestones are achieved (AR/VR)
- Ensure all project financial data is aligned and resolve exceptions across client and internal systems.
- Manage Work in Progress (WIP), investigate and resolve any outstanding issues.
- To manage performance of site delivery against job cost and investigate any issues with delivery performance.
- To implement delivery improvement plans where appropriate and promote/implement best practice.
- Take ownership of project processes, monitor/review/improve:
- Financial – Bids/Quotes/PO/Contract and Variation
- Hardware and materials consumables
- Logistics / Delivery
- Scheduling – Survey / Build / Internal resource availability
- Time recording/resource cost recording
- Responsible for line management of relevant project coordinator’s and administrators
- Matrix management of PMO and Field team resource
- To support the project team as required and ensure effective performance management to include regular review meetings to discuss personal development and/ successful completion of objectives:
- Planning for the right first-time quality of deployment & Handover documentation
- Planning for the maximum of ACR costs maximisation of ACR revenue
- Minimisation of work without PO cover
- Identify upsell opportunities
- Own and manage daily project delivery
- At least 5 years project management experience on NEC3 / NEC4 type projects
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and problem solve in stressful situations.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Take a logical and orderly approach to analysing problems, organizing work and planning actions.
- Strong commercial understanding of e2e projects
- A recognised project management qualification (PMI preferred).
- Experience in ADC Telecom project delivery (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally