Programme Manager – Small Cells & DAS Projects
Location: Office locations available in Reading (preferred), Altrincham or Daventry with an expectation to work a blend of remote and office & travel to client sites when required.
Role type: Permanent
Salary Expectation: £50,000 – £60,000 per annum (depending on experience) + Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Our Client, a Europe leading Tower Operator and Mobile Network Infrastructure provider working at the heart of 5G within the UK are seeking a skilled Programme Manager to join their team.
The Programme Manager will be reporting in to the Programme Director and will be responsible for the lead and overall delivery of account activities including Small Cell and Distributed Antenna System networks with scope for additional activities beyond this.
This role is ideal for a Programme Manager or an experienced Senior Project Manager working within an MNO (Mobile Network Operator) who is seeking the next step in their career with a dynamic and exciting business that offers long term career development.
- Lead the definition of business unit programme scope, goals and deliverables and produce the Programme Initiation Document (PID)
- Lead and Direct the planning of projects and work streams within the programme, ensuring the tasks and resources required are identified and each produces a comprehensive project plan establishing project timelines, dependencies and critical paths
- Establish and lead the cross functional and multi-disciplined teams, both direct and virtual, required to deliver the programme, agree allocation of activities and manage their performance throughout the programme
- Plan and agree the programme/project budget and control delivery costs across each project and work stream within the programme
- Deliver MNO demand for small cells to time and cost, provide weekly and monthly reporting to internal and customer stakeholders
- Deliver DAS system demand to time and cost, Provide weekly and monthly reporting to internal and external customer stakeholders
- Support development of small cell & DAS products to meet customer expectation for street level and indoor telecoms equipment
- Define and ensure standards of delivery, product specification and documentation of 3rd party suppliers are aligned to programme requirement
- Define and implement programme controls and governance to ensure process, documentation, risks and issues and Health and Safety practice comply with best practice and ISO standards
- Lead stakeholder engagement, providing progress and status reports in line with agreed Communication Plans, including contribution at the relevant Steering Boards and through all agreed reporting mechanisms
- Manage key dependencies and interfaces between projects and work streams within the programme, resolving any issues escalated
Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree level qualification or significant relevant industry experience with Mobile Network Infrastructure rollout/deployment.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in Small Cell or DAS roll out or similar consolidation programmes supporting Mobile Network Operators
- Excellent networking and customer facing skills with good knowledge of key stakeholders in the UK Telecoms market
- A Proven track record in the delivery of multiple installation projects and programmes in the telecommunications street level/indoor environment
- Ideally holding a project management qualification such as: APM Practitioner Qualification, Managing Successful Programmes or Prince 2 Practitioner
- Lean, Six Sigma (or Lean Six Sigma) practitioner
- Ability to travel to client sites/other Client offices when required
Interested and want to know more? Click Apply today!