Job Title – IP Design Engineer
Job Location – Reading, Berkshire
- Support Design function for Access Transport network (IP RAN, Backbone, Core)
- Ensuring the system introduction processes are followed, including HLD / detailed design guidelines
- Establish the access transport test bed and assosiated end-to-end testing capabilities
- Develop the design strategy taking into consideration the various products and roadmaps
- Ensure roadmaps are current and made available to dependent suppliers
- Assess technical risk to the access transport network
- Represent Transport Design on the Technical Committee
Background and skills from IP Design Engineer;
- Must come from a TELECOMS IP background
- Experience of IP RAN/Backbone/Core design.
- Strong understanding of MBNL / 3UK access network and MBNL transport network tools and processes
- Preferably Cisco Certified; CCNP, CCIE, HCNP, HCIE.
- Good experience in HLD and LLD documentation
- Design and commissioning experience
- with routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS and BGP), SR (Segment routing).
- Previous experience in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco/Nokia/Huawei routers
- Detailed understanding of LTE migration and re-parenting processes and demonstrated ability to develop workflows across a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a high-volume migration programme
- Understanding of the BT MEAS Direct Ethernet and IPVPN product portfolio
Under the direction of the Technical Director, the IP Design Engineer will be responsible for Design, Testing and Acceptance of the access transport network programme.
For more information regarding the IP Design Engineer please apply or contact Comvergent.
Job Reference: #MGM-2712
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 3 months
Job Start Date: ASAP