Job Title – Incident Manager
Location – Reading, Berkshire
This is a key role within the 24/7 shift environment acting as the primary lead for major or significant incidents affecting the customer(s) service or network. The individual is responsible for owning, driving and managing the restoration of the service or network ensuring clear, concise and timely communication is maintained throughout the lifecycle of the event and capturing relevant information and learning as part of the post incident reporting
* Responsible for identifying, investigating and managing Incidents 24×7, ensuring that follow up actions are performed, manage Major Service Outages through to conclusion, keeping all relevant parties appraised of the situation and escalating as appropriate.
* Act as an escalation point for the Service Desk and customers.
* Ensure regular reporting on key service performance and quality metrics (in relation to incident management).
* Support the Operations Centre Manager and the Manager of Real Time Operations as required.
* Communicate outages according to management and customer requirements.
* Deputise for Operations Centre Manager as required.
* Closure of Incident records and submission of Problem Request forms.
* Producing and maintaining of Standard Operating Procedures for all of the above.
* Seek and contribute to continuous service improvement initiatives for Real Time Operations.
* Provide advice to support staff in the resolution of Incidents, including negotiation with customers and support teams in order to resolve issues which may delay resolution.
* Provide cover for Service Desk Shift engineer as required.
* Overall knowledge of Network/IT Operations environments.
* Understanding of the customer services supported by a Network Operation.
* Ability to digest technical information and relate it in an understandable way.
* Proficient in the use of fault management systems and MS Office tools.
* Ability to write accurate and comprehensive reports tailored to the respective audience.
* Proficient in a team leadership role.
* Security Cleared.
* Experience of Mobile Networks.
* Educated to degree level or holds a suitable professional qualification.
* ITIL Foundation qualified