http://comvergentrecruitment.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/comvergent_recruitment_logo_RGB.gif 0 0 Graham Lacey http://comvergentrecruitment.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/comvergent_recruitment_logo_RGB.gif Graham Lacey2018-07-10 08:40:502018-07-10 09:36:46Fibre Implementation Manager
Job Title – Fibre Implementation Manager
Job Title – Fibre Implementation Manager
Job Location – Guildford, Surrey then from October – Reading, Berkshire
- Plan, lead and coordinate the fibre delivery teams to obtain the best delivery precision within the cost budget and agreed timescales.
- Control and scheduling of required tasks for internal staff and sub-contractor teams to deliver customer orders and fibre implementations. To include civils, cabling, materials and logistics, local authority engagement, noticing, traffic management, permits and OH&S requirements.
- Effective operating procedures to be developed and managed with the clients subcontractors and internal teams to ensure the successful delivery of all customer orders. Ensure internal customer delivery targets and measurements are supported by back-to-back subcontractor commitments
- Manage the change control process for customer orders, controlling the variations to design in the field between the subcontractors and Design & Build Team
- Work closely with all areas of the business to address customer issues or service
- Provide adequate and timely updates & reports to include measurements on delivery against planned dates, time reduction and quality compliance of test results. To include a daily work progress report and weekly project cost report.
- To ensure resources, capabilities and capacity to meet both existing and new business demand are in place.
- Support the internal and subcontractor teams to ensure understanding and adherence to the clients fibre services delivery processes and tools
- Create and implement a low level time schedule based on milestones agreed in the Customer Contract.
- Maintain and assure the quality level according to the Customer Contract and the clients Standards.
- Deliver the project according to the Customer Contract as well as monitor and control implementation and the Deployment Process.
- Implement and ensure that local regulations relevant for the rollout of the project are followed.
- Have read and understood the Customer Contract and relevant standards to ensure that deliverables are according to the scope of the contract.
- Secure the right understanding of the Customer Contract to enable identification and need of Change Orders including report obstacles outside clients control and if needed support the CPM in the negotiation regarding compensation.
- Continuously gather and update reports regarding Service Provider’s performance and quality (including capacity and competences), to be reported to (A)SP Management and Sourcing.
- Secure the quality and quantity of the performed work by Service Providers prior to the approval of the invoice specification
- At least 5 years’ experience of implementation management/delivery of fibre rollout (B2B, FTTx, HFC) projects including design, survey, wayleaves, permitting, civils, cabling and splicing to UK fixed and cable operators
- Excellent knowledge of NRSWA and Traffic Management requirements for civils and cabling work in public highways
- Good knowledge of CDM Regulations and up-to-date working knowledge of related legislation
- Good knowledge of fibre design, survey and as-built requirements
- Excellent communication and organisational skills and customer relationship management skills. Service oriented. Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Ability to troubleshoot and make appropriate decisions based on knowledge of fibre installation and assurance
- Logical thinker/problem solver who is self-motivated & confident.
- Ability to work independently on multiple activities, showing appropriate level of prioritisation and escalation skills
- Knowledge of Project Management techniques & methodologies – PROPS-C, Prince-II, etc., specifically scope management
Job Reference: GL-2659
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: 6 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP