Job Title – External Communications Lead UK & Ireland
Job Location – Reading, Berkshire
We are seeking a seasoned communicator to join our clients passionate team to lead the External communications in the UK and Ireland. You will partner with various units in Europe and Latin America region and global to build brand and drive awareness of our products and services in the UK and Ireland.
As a member of this exciting team, you will be responsible for shaping the external communications strategy and driving the activation of key campaigns and initiatives in the UK and Ireland. You will lead the editorial board and news flow activation, production, and insights and track and analyze them. You will need to align market’s activation with the regional, Europe and Latin America’s MC&GIR unit and coordinate news flow activation. Part of this role is to channel follow-up of content consumption and learnings for continuous improvements and partner with various units to activate global and regional programs and initiatives in the market. You will need to identify and manage speaking opportunities and coach spokespeople acting as speaker’s bureau as well as provide executive support for external communications.
Whilst this role focuses on External communications, you will need to be flexible in being able to support our Internal communications activities, either by partnering with our Internal Communications & Engagement specialist or by providing interim cover in order to ensure business delivery:
- Facilitate strategy and transformation communication in Customer Unit UK & Ireland with specific strategy / change plans.
- Drive employee engagement with relevant communication campaign, supporting HR key activities.
- Enable managers to be optimal communicating leaders with the ability to communicate change, by supporting with advice, material and training
- Create and implement CU internal communication strategy (including messaging and channels) to communications, aligned with region and Global
- Increase take up of digital channels and improve end user experience of CU UK & Ireland IC channels
- Support key stakeholders to share business relevant content.
- Act as IC advisor to CU leadership team
- Be responsible for media relationship with local media in the UK and Ireland (the scope excludes UK nationals, business and top trade media)
- Lead External communications strategy development for Campaigns and brand initiatives in the UK and Ireland
- Integrate all aspects of media, social and brand activation to define and execute campaigns successfully in the UK and Ireland
- Collaborate with various units in Marketing, Communications, Government & Industries, Sales, Domain in global, business unit and market area to deliver key projects and initiatives
- Lead media agency relations and provide clear briefing and direction
- Manage local .com
- Lead and own social media activation in the UK and Ireland
- Lead speaker’s bureau support spokespeople, develop message book and speaking opportunities
- Timely manage and report external communications outcome against KPIs
- Optimize the activation based on insights and meticulous use of data
- Identify and implement innovation and thought leadership within campaigns, various activations and across the media team
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in media relations
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in social media
- Experience working in brand activation
- Proven track records of managing external outreach activities/campaigns successfully
- Experience developing creative and effective Campaign towards media and broader audience to drive brand awareness and support business objectives
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of written, verbal, and visual communications
- Excellent communication skills with people at all levels
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to learn and cope with rapid change
- Function well under pressure, and resourceful and creative in solving problems