Concession Manager – Telecoms
Location: Reading (RG1)
Employment type: Permanent
Salary: £60,000 – £80,000 (depending on experience)
Start Date: ASAP
Our Client, a European leader in Mobile Telecoms Network Infrastructure are seeking a Concession Manager to join their team working from their office in Reading (although some remote work will also be required in Q1) This role will offer the successful individual long term, upward growth and will report directly to the Head of Portfolio and Programmes within the Client’s Estates and Infrastructure Directorate.
Your main responsibility will be providing excellent relationship management to our Client’s Small Cell Partners, as well as delivering a suite of processes and ways of working which will delight their Local Authority Partners/Concession Owners , Suppliers and their Customers, ensuring a greater utilisation of the Client’s Portfolios.
Your overall goal will be to manage these relationships in order to maximise the commercial and operational potential of the entire Small Cell Business. To deliver on this goal you will need to be a natural leader, working closely with the Client’s Sales and Commercial team to help build new relationships with Concession owners and re-establish existing ones to introduce new processes and governance.
- Act as the single point of contact for the management of various Client’s Small Cell Concession Contracts across the UK.
- Establish, develop and maintain a professional and effective relationship with the MNOs / JVs and other customers to maximize the potential of the Small Cell Business including the identification of further opportunities.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective relationships with Streetwork suppliers.
- Provide expert site analysis, data & information to Support Finance, Senior Management, Product Management, Small Cell sector Sales, Business Development projects, initiatives or campaigns and Concession Owners
- Promote and enhance relationships at all levels with Concession Owners through regular contact, chairing exec level meetings, other face to face meetings and Reporting, in order to build and improve trust and develop a better understanding of the product at all levels within the Authorities and with their contractors both Internal and external.
- Develop, revise and update Small Cell processes & capabilities for the management, marketing and delivery of site sharing revenue / EBITDA, supporting Finance to ensure reliable and accurate delivery of income across the Small Cells Portfolio.
- Support rollout and installation of Customer Small Cells, managing escalations, providing contractual interpretation and support as required to resolve any issues.
- Proactively manage & minimize any customer debt or non-invoiced sharers across the portfolio. Maximize return and relevant P&Ls through appropriate actions and major revenue assurance activities.
- Provide support to Sales and Commercial Team in the negotiation, Management and administration of Small Cell contracts; including new concession deals.
- Document, maintain and improve Concession specific processes and SLA’s agreed with the Concession Owners
- Identify, highlight & manage any ‘risks’ or ‘issues’ that may affect the operational performance of the Small Cell business.
- Manage both internal and external stakeholders expectations and prioritise resolution of issues impacting performance.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external customers.
- Identify & proactively seek to obtain cost efficiencies & savings both internally & externally.
- Maintenance of accurate Small Cell data across all databases and systems.
- Promote an effective Safety, Health and Environment culture, to ensure a safe and healthy working environment within area of operation.
- Attend meetings with Concession Owners / Local Authorities in accordance with contractual requirements but also based on the needs of the business.
- Attend meetings with MNOs / JVs or other customers in accordance with contractual requirements and also based on the needs of the business.
Skills and experience required:
- 3-5+ years experience in a similar role preferential (experience within Telecoms or Property background)
- Demonstrable experience of building relationships within complex environments.
- Demonstrable leadership experience and evidence of successfully working to various targets and demands.
- Strong decision making skills – able to take initiative and responsibility throughout a project.
- Excellent communicator who can establish relationships with various stakeholders and customers across a business.
- Deliver results, setting a high standard for quality and quantity whilst maintaining productivity to achieve project goals.
- Customer centric attitude.
- Ability to travel to meet with customers and concession owners when required.
Interested and want to know more? Click Apply today!