Converged and Hyper-Converged Technologies (HCI) running VMware Solution Architect required for the following;
Responsibilities of Infrastructure Architect;
- Produce detailed high and low level design proposals to ensure that they are delivered on time, meet the approved business requirements, align with IT strategy
- Technical IT Infrastructure expert, experienced in producing client-server, multi-tiered architecture designs
- Produce initiative mandates and business cases to support the development of IT Infrastructure and business systems
- Look at future Infrastructure roadmap, assist the business in proposing solutions and produce designs for those solutions.
IT Infrastructure Architect technical skills and experience;
- Essential – Background in Designing Converged and Hyper Converged technologies (HCI) running VMware
- Able to write designs covering multi datacentre architecture for Infrastructure as well as application solutions using Virtual Machine and Database replication.
- Strong skills in providing technical solutions (7+ years)
- Excellent arcticulate skills in producing HLD and LLDs
- Previous Operational background in VMWare vSphere is advantageous.
- Private or Public Cloud server virtualisations, IaaS, PaaS (including Hyper-v, AWS, VMware, Windows Azure)
- Experience within SMART Metering / Utilities / Telecoms industry.
Qualifications from IT Infrastructure Architect;
- Degree or relevant experience
- TOGAF qualified
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- VMware Certified Professional
- MCSE cloud platform and infrastructure
Comvergent are acting as an Employment agency on behalf of the client seeking a IT Infrastructure Architect on a 3 month rolling contract.
If you’re interested in applying for the IT Infrastructure Architect position and have the necessary skills, please get in touch and apply. Contract is outside of IR35.