RAN Technical Lead
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Our client a leading Telecommunications company is seeking a RAN Technical Lead to join as a contractor on a major network rollout project in their Guildford office with flexibility to work from Newbury also.
The RAN Technical Lead will be responsible for:
- Acting as a project RAN Technical Lead of a delivery project or projects providing both tactical and strategic project direction, technical support and guidance to required members of the delivery team (On-Shore or Off-Shore).
- Coordination of planned works from end to end delivery of Vodafone projects, this will comprise of either New Site Deployment (2G & 3G & 4G), 3G LRU on E/// & ALU, DE-Migrations, Special Events, Corporate sites and special Coverage and work covered under the Run services contract.
- Depending on the Vodafone Project the technical lead will be responsible for delivery of the project by either on-shore resource or off-shore resource via the GSC or as and when required both utilising both sets of resources working together to deliver the project.
- Identifying additional training requirements and resolving gaps in Knowledge.
- Supporting the UK and EGI Based as a 1st Line Technical Support and advice.
- Cross functional collaborative working with Vodafone, TEF, Delivery Assurance, Transmission and Operations in both the UK & India.
- Ensure team members allocated to work package are booking to correct codes in ESS
- Senior Management Team & Client progress reporting, Including supporting RCA’s and technical updating of MOPS and WLA/OLA and Processes and procedures.
Skills and Experience required;
- Previous RAN Lead, Senior RAN Engineering experience with either vendor or operator on large scale rollout projects.
- Ideally Vodafone / VF / Beacon project experience
- Knowledge of Delivery/Install, Commission & Integration processes for both 2G & 3G & 4G
- Knowledge of key tools & databases e.g. Evenflow, Nemo, OSS, CRAMER
- Vendor knowledge (Ericsson)
- Able to achieve SLA targets and strive for high achievement