Network Operations Engineer (SC CLEARED)
Start Date: ASAP
Day Rate: NEGOTIABLE
- The Network Operations Engineer reports to the Networks Operations Team Lead within IT&N, Networks Operations team providing 2nd/3rd Line technical support and ensuring our client are delivering operational services within the agreed SLA’s on complex IP networks that are used to serve the clients customers.
- Provide technical guidance to technical teams on network related work to ensure the client provides solutions that fulfil customer’s requests while not comprising on quality.
- Actively work on service improvement plans to drive service performance improvements and identify cost savings or increase in efficiency.
- Provide full lifecycle management of network/security devices including reviewing and implementing network upgrades and decommissioning tasks.
- Maintain security of the client’s network including implementing measures to safeguard.
- Work with the Network Engineering team to ensure that network solutions are transitioned into the live environment without issue and in line with all service requirements
- Plan and participate in BCDR planning and testing of critical network infrastructure systems for the client and their customers
- The role will require the successful candidate to be on 24×7 oncall on a rota system.
- The role will be based within the main office, however there will be a requirement to travel to different locations across the UK at times.
- 3-5 year’s experience in an Operational Network support role.
- Experienced in troubleshooting complex IP Networks.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco devices including IOS and IOS XR operating systems.
- Experience of routing protocols including BGP and OSPF.
- Good knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting QOS on complex networks.
- Experienced in Data Centre network technologies and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of security devices including firewall, threat and intrusion detection systems.
- Working knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting wireless network technologies.
- Understanding of F5 load balancers including LTM and GTM modules.
Interested? Click apply to find out more!
***Please note this role requires you have valid Security Clearance to be considered.***