Location: South Wales, England
Comvergent are seeking a BT accredited Telecommunication Engineers for a large scale Telecommunications FTTC project in the UK. If no BT certificates are present, Comvergent can supply this through training, but experience pulling cable, terminating into PCP or DSLAM is essential
Working in 2 man teams the Telecommunication Engineer will be responsible for:
- A55 Surveying of existing BT PCP / DSLAM ducting and cabinets in readiness for PCP upgrade requirements, and completing required documentation.
- Cable pulling between PCP cabinets and DSLAM access points.
- Kroning down of 100 pair cables within the DSLAM and PCP cabinets.
- Side pod install
- DSLAM card installation and SWAP upgrade activities.
- Ideally BT accredited / certified
- Previous experience working on PCP / DSLAM roadside cabinets (e-side, d-side)
- Understands how to use a Kroning tool within the DSLAM and PCP cabinets
- NRSWA certified
- Safety and Craft modules; Underground, Location of U/G Services, Tie Cable installation and termination.
- FTTC RDSLAM Copper
We can offer:
- Fuel Card
Meaning what you earn per job is what you take home.
Key: Telecommunication Engineer, Fibre, Fiber, FTTC Engineer, BT, accreditation, cabinet, FTTP, Huawei, Openreach, PCP, DSLAM, optical fiber, jointing, upgrades, e-side, d-side