Job Title -Service Desk Engineer
Job Location – Slough, Berkshire
- Improve network and service performance, with particular focus on Network Availability & Cells out of Service (COOS)
- Drive first time fixes and to expedite ticket resolution, especially on high priority faults
- Implement a Technical Support Function to assist the Field Engineer community on faults that may require a deeper/broader technical knowledge
- Operate a Jeopardy Management function, ensuring P1-P2 service affecting faults are dealt with urgently and that all P1-P4 SLA’s are maintained and exceeded if possible
- Sustain consistent and efficient WLA’s between the Telefónica UK NMC, the C3 & the Field
- Support the C3 to optimise field resource, drive service delivery and efficiency
- Proven background in Telecoms (5 years minimum)
- Ability to decipher technical information on fault tickets.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Health and Safety issues within a Field Operations environment.
- Strong knowledge of Vodafone Network tools and systems, OSS, Citrix, NSN, Alcatel, Ericsson, Huawei, Nortel, Tellabs, OMS, Cramer, Operations Intelligence, Even Flow, Net viewer.
- Ability to interrogate and confirm Trouble Ticket information
- Ericsson 2/3/4g integration experience
- NSN 2/3/4g integration experience
- Huawei 2/3/4g LTE integration experience
- Alcatel 2/3g integration experience
- Antenna systems understanding (MHA/TMA, Feeder losses, RX levels, PRX Noise)
- Good understanding of IP/IPNB/configuration.
- Good working knowledge of Tellabs Transmission equipment.
- Good working knowledge of Cramer and circuit planning tools.
- Good working knowledge of OMS & Net viewer
- BI DWH, Business Intelligence reporting skills
- Good knowledge of MS Excel i-e lookups, pivoting & macros etc.
- SQL skills or other programming experience
- Business Intelligence database dashboard Creation
- MS Access
- Knowledge of Remedy/Ticketing system