Location: Newbury (then Reading late 2018)
Contract Duration: Until Jan 2019 (with opportunities for extension)
Our client, one of the largest telecommunication companies with a brand recognised worldwide, are seeking a talented data scientist to join their team on a contract basis working from their offices in Newbury (with a move to their new offices in Reading scheduled later in the year)
This role is a brilliant opportunity to get involved with a giant in telecommunications and expand your skillset working in a varied and exciting role.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Strong skills in Data Science, Data Analytics and Data Visualization.
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard creation
- Machine Learning and Statistics, techniques such as Linear/Logistic Regression, Bagging, Bayesian model, Neural Networks, Random forest, Gradient boosting, Hyperparameter optimization techniques etc.
- Ability to build and nurture internal and external communities
- Strong analytical skills and ability to acquire new knowledge and apply it in the job
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Excellent Presentation skills, including the use of Powerpoint.
- Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them independently
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, i.e., working with complex multiple stakeholder local, global, and other partners in a multi-culture, global matrix organization with sensitivity and persistence.
- Ability to develop and drive new ways of working, to produce deliverables in a more efficient way
- Conducting data mining
- Building predictive models
- Employ sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning, and statistical methods to prepare data for use in predictive and prescriptive modelling
- Drawing key insights to drive critical decision making
- Discover the best methods of integrating data from several different sources and formats for use in analyses
- Explore new data sources and determine how best to use the data in advanced analyses
- Be intellectually curious and enjoy learning
- Prepare and clean data for use in advanced analysis
- Communicate and liaise between the Technical, Process, and Business Teams to ensure solutions and conclusions are based on real data
- Drive ground-breaking change in moving the company to a data-driven decision making business
- Identify, extract, and integrate data sets ranging in size from spreadsheets to big data
Qualifications & Experience:
- Telecoms or IT Operational experience
- Experience certifying MI MOOCS is desirable but not essential
- Applications/Domain-knowledge in Telecommunication and/or IoT is desirable but not essential
- MSc/BSc in Computer Science or Data Science or Statistics or Mathematics
- BS, MS, in Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related field
- Statistics knowledge, e.g.: descriptive analysis and supervised and unsupervised analysis
- Programming skills in various languages with proficiency in Python and/or C++
- Knowledge and skills in the use of current state of the art machine learning frameworks such as Scikit-Learn, Keras, TensorFlow and Spark, etc.
This role would be ideally suited to skilled; data scientists, data analysts, quality & performance managers or customer insight analysts looking for a new role within telecoms.
So if the role matches what you’re looking for, take the next step in your career and apply now!