Job Title – Site Design Engineer – Gating
Job Location – Guildford, Surrey
A Site Design engineer with knowledge of both passive and active side of mobile telecommunication.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for mobile network site review, site solution design & gating and be able to act as an SME on passive and active components to meet customers planned network operations.
Key to the role is the ability to identify effective solutions that best fits the customer requirement in the most cost-effective way.
- Creation and verification of Design Proposals for mobile network sites based on customer requirements across Passive/ Civil and Active elements.
- Review of plans, design drawings and other relevant documents for accuracy and adherence to build requirements to include review of Site Survey / PIV documentation.
- Responsible for selection of H/W & material BOMs to support site build
- Attend regular technical Gating meetings / solution design review meetings with the customer to define and agree the Site Designs and delivery scenarios.
- Ensure that Site Designs are compliant with local Health and Safety requirements
- Act as a Site Design SME in the provision of technical support towards site queries
- Interface with the different project work streams to ensure efficient handover between milestones
- Production of technical reporting
- Deliver results and achieve SLA/KPI performance by focusing on effective and efficient execution of Site Design services.
- Continually look for opportunities for efficiency & cost saving by driving a culture of cost-awareness & innovation
- Experience working in Engineering teams on Turn Key RAN rollouts covering the Work Areas of Site Acquisition, Civil / Passive Design & Construction and Site Engineering to support Equipment Installation
- Site Engineering experience including Site Survey, material specification & Site documentation production
- Knowledge and experience of relevant OHS & CDM statutory regulations impacting the local market
- Knowledge of product and procedures within the Work Areas