Data Centre Engineer
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Start Date: Immediate Start
Data Centre Engineer responsibilities;
- Provide first point of contact into Operations for staff with technical issues supporting installation and deployment of new hardware in Data Centre
- Identify and troubleshoot failure diagnostics and perform initial maintenance.
- Ensure regular reporting service performance and quality metrics (Trouble Tickets managed within SLA’s and priority).
- Own customer issues through to resolution and escalate to the next level of support or management when required
- Logging of faults
- Keeping Equipment asset reports accurate
- Providing business updates to customers on a daily basis through conference calls and reporting.
- Provide cover for 2nd Line support where required
Experience from Data Centre Engineer:
- 1+ year Server Maintenance or Linux system maintenance
- Previous experience in 1st Line / 2nd Line troubleshooting
Data Centre Engineer skills and experience required;
- Knowledge of networking and server – Cisco or Huawei (certification is preferred; CCNA, CCNP, HCNP, HCNA, etc.)
- Must be able to work on rotational shift (nights and days)
- Proficient in the use of fault management systems and MS Office tools.
- Exposure to a Data Centre working environment would be beneficial as would a Data Centre certification or qualification
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritise and manage tasks pressure
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Tencent tracking system knowledge would be beneficial but training is provided
- Fluent English language skills; reading and writing
If you’re interested in hearing more about the Data Centre Engineer position, please apply.