Job Title – Senior RAN Solution Architect
Job Location – Reading, Berkshire
* Lead the RAN Design activities for deployment of the clients LTE & 5G RAN solutions into customer’s Radio Access Network
* Acting as RAN Design Lead within the Programme, with close interaction with Customer’s technical counterparts and the clients stakeholders, ensuring deployable solutions are in place to meet objectives of the project
* You will be responsible for producing and updating the High Level Solution Designs for RAN Site Configurations to be deployed in the customer’s network, for new sites and swaps.
* You will be responsible for applying the generic RAN configurations & BoM which have been agreed by the pre-sales solution lead, into the customer specific configurations/BoM in the High Level Design
* Prepare HLD (High Level Description) documents including product descriptions, configurations, diagrams (Nodes Layouts on Baseband/Radio levels) and connectivity diagrams showing details connections between baseband/radio modules
* Make changes and updates to the RAN HLD during the lifecycle of the project
* Propose and develop solutions to enable rollout and upgrade of LTE and 5G to all customer site types
* Support the New Product Introduction, provide solution support to lab testing team for new solutions, and FSI (First Site Integration) of new products into the customer network.
* Provide support to the KAM, programme and presales solutions team on RAN Solutions, for customer change requests, pre-sales opportunities and RFI/RFP
* Act as the prime interface to the project delivery team and customer to answer questions and provide solutions to issues related to products and configurations within the RAN HLD
* Work closely with Site Engineering Lead and provide support on new/updated configurations and solutions in the RAN HLD, to ensure that the HLD is translated into all the necessary Low Level Site Engineering/Installation Engineering documentation, ensuring methods and procedures are in place for smooth and successful rollout of the RAN.
* As a Solution Architect in this key position in the programme, you will be expected to identify add-on sales and business growth opportunities into the customer account
* You will be working on RBS Solutions using the latest ERS products, Radio, Baseband, and also Site Solutions, structures, enclosures, power, cooling, for Macro and Small Cell scenarios.
* Implement local delivery process – Create local Engineering process adapted from global process, agree with customer on ways of working, and handover into roll out organisation (eg. build, integration)
* Organise and prioritise all work against the site rollout and New Product Introduction plans
* Radio System :- Translate high level solution designs into Low Level Design documentation suitable for use by implementation teams
* Radio Infrastructure:- Design of Ericsson Radio Solution ensuring the solution can be deployed customer’s cabinets or site footprint. Produce innovative solutions to deploy Ericsson Radio onto customer RBS sites.
* Produce specific solution designs, design documentation, supporting documents (design guidelines, planning guidelines, gating guidelines etc)
* Review, comment & assess the impact of customer technical documentation, designs, design guidelines, installation guides. Interpretation of customer’s requirements and inclusion of key points into specific designs and guidelines.
* Produce and maintain the design for installation of Ericsson RAN into the customer test lab
* Assess all HW, SW & feature compatibility in production of RAN Design
* Support for lab testing, trials and onsite with FSI (First Site Integration) / SSI (2nd Site Ingegration) where required
* Provide support into programme on RAN Designs during rollout phase.
* Antenna Line:- Design for customer Antenna System designs (Products include Massive-MIMO, Antennas, Feeder Systems, BiasTs, RF jumpers, TMAs, diplexors, splitters / combiners, RET and towers)
* Ensure design compliance (including Third Party Contractor compliance) with all Health & Safety, CDM, ICNIRP and any other legislative requirements
* Adapt the client’s global methods and tools – Create RAN Bill of Materials for site deployments
* Manage documentation in structured manner.
* Agree with Customer on design rules in line with local industry standards, laws and regulations.
* Support client sourcing – Activities include Creating Scope of Work documents for
* A least 8 years of RAN Design experience with Ericsson Radio products
* Site Engineering, Installation Engineering knowledge is beneficial
* Must have very good experience and knowledge of Ericsson Radio Products – the new Ericsson Radio System products ERS and older RBS6000 products.
* Knowledge and experience working on RAN Swap and RAN refresh projects
* Prepared to travel throughout the UK (eg. Reading, Newbury, Bristol, Slough, travel to customer RBS sites)
* Proven experience in producing RAN Design documents
**Role is inside IR35**