Job Title – RAN Test Engineer
Job Location – Newbury, Berkshire
RAN Technical Lead
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Our client a leading Telecommunications company is seeking a RAN Technical Lead to join as a contractor on a major network rollout project in their Guildford office with flexibility to work from Newbury also.
The RAN Technical Lead will be responsible for:
- Acting as a project RAN Technical Lead of a delivery project or projects providing both tactical and strategic project direction, technical support and guidance to required members of the delivery team (On-Shore or Off-Shore).
- Coordination of planned works from end to end delivery of Vodafone projects, this will comprise of either New Site Deployment (2G & 3G & 4G), 3G LRU on E/// & ALU, DE-Migrations, Special Events, Corporate sites and special Coverage and work covered under the Run services contract.
- Depending on the Vodafone Project the technical lead will be responsible for delivery of the project by either on-shore resource or off-shore resource via the GSC or as and when required both utilising both sets of resources working together to deliver the project.
- Identifying additional training requirements and resolving gaps in Knowledge.
- Supporting the UK and EGI Based as a 1st Line Technical Support and advice.
- Cross functional collaborative working with Vodafone, TEF, Delivery Assurance, Transmission and Operations in both the UK & India.
- Ensure team members allocated to work package are booking to correct codes in ESS
- Senior Management Team & Client progress reporting, Including supporting RCA’s and technical updating of MOPS and WLA/OLA and Processes and procedures.
Skills and Experience required;
- Previous RAN Lead, Senior RAN Engineering experience with either vendor or operator on large scale rollout projects.
- Ideally Vodafone / VF / Beacon project experience
- Knowledge of Delivery/Install, Commission & Integration processes for both 2G & 3G & 4G
- Knowledge of key tools & databases e.g. Evenflow, Nemo, OSS, CRAMER
- Vendor knowledge (Ericsson)
- Able to achieve SLA targets and strive for high achievement
Site Design Lead
|Our client, a leading telecommunications managed service is seeking an experienced Site Design Lead to join on a long-term contract basis in their Guildford office. The Site Design Lead will be responsible for mobile network site review, site solution design & gating.
Site Design Lead responsibilities include;
Skills required from Site Design Lead;
Job Title – RAN Performance Engineer
Job Location – Newbury, Berkshire
- Complex post upgrade RAN KPI checks across all technologies to ensure site performance is meeting expectations. Ability to analyse performance and drive any issues through to resolution, either independently or by assigning to the correct team.
- Troubleshooting problems/faults and raising clear tickets to the resolving team.
- Using network performance counters and working to strict deadlines, identify faults down to cell/carrier level for newly commissioned sites and raise trouble tickets to the appropriate resolving team.
- Deliver an improvement in the network performance KPIs for the optimisation clusters or individual sites assigned to you by the Lead Optimisation Engineer. This will mean working under some pressure.
- To support the Project Manager of technical trials (e.g. new antennas) through the analysis of network performance data and drive test logs
- To maintain data integrity by ensuring all databases and tools are kept up to date with the latest and most accurate information
- To be familiar with and strictly adhere to the latest planning and performance guidelines as well as any working level instructions issued by the customer
- Reviewing network performance statistics daily, in order to identify and escalate any degradation in network performance either at RNC level or at cell level and then use the trouble ticketing system to log the case, ensuring it is raised at the appropriate level of urgency
- Regular report production for a variety of planning and performance related activities including VIP investigations, cluster optimisation reports, project feasibility studies and justifications
- To support the Project Managers’ dealing with network rollout activities, for example NTQs, complex upgrades, site moves and special events
- In excess of 4 years 2G/3G/4G planning/optimisation experience with Ericsson vendor equipment (Nokia also desirable)
- Strong technical ability, to include both network planning and optimisation techniques
- Familiarity with Ericsson OSS as well as experience using RAN performance monitoring tools
Job Title – Site Design Engineer
A Site Design engineer with knowledge of both passive and active side of mobile telecommunication.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for mobile network site review, site solution design & gating and be able to act as an SME on passive and active components to meet customers planned network operations.
Key to the role is the ability to identify effective solutions that best fits the customer requirement in the most cost-effective way.
- Creation and verification of Design Proposals for mobile network sites based on customer requirements across Passive/ Civil and Active elements.
- Review of plans, design drawings and other relevant documents for accuracy and adherence to build requirements to include review of Site Survey / PIV documentation.
- Responsible for selection of H/W & material BOMs to support site build
- Attend regular technical Gating meetings / solution design review meetings with the customer to define and agree the Site Designs and delivery scenarios.
- Ensure that Site Designs are compliant with local Health and Safety requirements
- Act as a Site Design SME in the provision of technical support towards site queries
- Interface with the different project work streams to ensure efficient handover between milestones
- Production of technical reporting
- Deliver results and achieve SLA/KPI performance by focusing on effective and efficient execution of Site Design services.
- Continually look for opportunities for efficiency & cost saving by driving a culture of cost-awareness & innovation
- Experience working in Engineering teams on Turn Key RAN rollouts covering the Work Areas of Site Acquisition, Civil / Passive Design & Construction and Site Engineering to support Equipment Installation.
- Knowledge of product and procedures within the Work Areas
- Site Engineering experience including Site Survey, material specification & Site documentation production
- Knowledge and experience of relevant OHS & CDM statutory regulations impacting the local market.
- Must have vast experience on AutoCAD