Wireless Technical Support Engineer
Contract Duration: 6 Months (with opportunity for extension)
Start Date: ASAP
Day Rate: £Negotiable
Our client, a major player in the mobile telecommunications industry are seeking a skilled Wireless Technical Support Engineer to join their team supporting their customer office in Bristol. You’ll be responsible for supporting the next generation of RAN network infrastructure & assisting to bring 5G to the UK.
As such this role is for someone who has proven experience of supporting a variety of Vendors and knowledge of 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G solutions alongside BTS, RNC & BSC solutions.
- Interface & respond to customer technical requirements and issues, formulate & implement operation & maintenance solutions, in-time and effectively to solve the requirements & issues, and obtain customer satisfaction and the companies professional image.
- To organize & conduct operation & maintenance activities as per customer maintenance contract.
- Solving wireless technical issues, working with radio planning engineers, R&D engineers as needed.
- GSM/UMTS/WiMAX/LTE access network equipment’s data configuration & daily maintenance.
- Surveillance and remote fault resolution.
- Commissioning and integrate BTS/NodeB/BSC/RNC/e NodeB on site.
- Assist & support the Network operation centre so that maintenance services are implemented to a high standard and within the SLA.
- Organize & conduct technical training and technical knowledge sharing in various forms to customer or internal audiences, with the intention to increase customer or internal audiences’ technical competency level.
- Logging all support incidents in call-tracking database ensuring all data is complete and accurate.
- Reproducing new or undocumented customer problems in a lab environment and providing evidence of findings to Escalation Support or Development Engineering, as appropriate.
- Contribute to the Knowledge System database and share knowledge within the team.
- Support the Incident, Change and Problem management processes.
Essential skills and experience:
- General knowledge and understanding of 5G radio networks.
- Hands-on RAN equipment rollout, swap & support experience in the UK.
- Relevant Huawei/Nokia/Ericsson/Nortel/ALU element (Flexi, Ultrasite, Metrosite, RBS series, etc.) training and experience.
- Good understanding of 2G/3G/4G telecom networks i.e. elements, protocols, services, configuration etc.
- Huawei, Ericsson or Nokia equipment’s knowledge and implementation experience in the UK.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- University degree in management, Telecommunication or Electrical / Electronic Engineering or relevant working experience.
- Experience with operator O&M dept.
Interested and want to know more? Click Apply today!