Energy and Sustainability Manager
Location: Main office in Reading, with other locations in Warwick & London
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 (depending on experience) + Bonus & Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Our Client, a leading provider of mobile network infrastructure working at the heart of 5G deployment in the UK are seeking a talented Energy & Sustainability Manager to join their team.
Reporting to the Service and Network Operations Manager within the Technical Operations department, you will be joining right at the start of our Client’s exciting journey and will lead activities which will ensure the Client’s site assets and processes deliver phenomenal customer service promoting a positive reputation across the industry. You will also develop new ways of working, utilising new tools and technology to support new customer points of presence as the business grows.
In return, you will work for a dynamic and engaging employer who are heavily focused on their employee’s personal growth and development and as such can provide a long term career with opportunities to grow within an exciting and evolving industry.
- You will be accountable for energy cost and recovery control (Circa £10M per annum) in addition to forecasting and budgeting for volume / cost of energy needed and all UK compliance and governance requirements.
- Responsible for executing group policy on energy billing and recovery and represent the UK in the Global Energy Control group in the Client.
- Be the main UK point of contact in relation to consolidating and co-ordinating carbon reporting and emission reduction / sustainability programmes.
- The role will require the management of significant change projects, acting as the Transition Officer responsible for transition to the Global Energy Control model and overseeing the delivery of capital improvement programmes.
- You will be responsible for managing a variety of supplier contracts, including contract and demand management; managing internal approvals and validations in forecasting & budgeting activities; optimising regulated items within energy cost; managing internal and external reporting, including KPIs, customer cost v recovery and risk mitigation planning and; driving continuous improvement activity to optimise operation including energy efficiency and technology.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 5- 10 years’ experience in the energy sector preferably with a multi-site, multi-customer organisation.
- Energy trading basics.
- UK energy regulation, carbon and sustainability reporting.
- Financial control and budgeting.
- Experience managing teams and multiple external suppliers.
- Experience working in an international cross-cultural environment.
- Managing change, enabling and embracing growth.
- Excellent communication skills and a strategical mindset.
- Able to present complex concepts clearly and effectively.
- Spanish – Would be an advantage but not essential.
- Lean 6 Sigma – Would be an advantage but not essential.
- Hold a driver’s license and be available to travel as visits to other office locations may be required at points.
Interested and want to know more? Click Apply today!